summer board is being a pain

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sohsilly, May 2, 2008.

1. sohsilly

sohsilly New Member

okay. i jailbreaked my ipod touch and it worked fine. i got excited to use summer board on my ipod.. but none of the themes showed up. even after it getting restarted. so i used cyberduck to replace those files.. and i followed the directions from another thread on this forum. when i got to replacing the Themes folder for var/root/SummerBoard/Themes... the subcatergory wasn't there.. even though everything else was. so i couldnt complete the summerboard.

i decided to restore my ipod and jailbreak it again. i did that.. everything went fine. when i went to go download SummerBoard again.. it says "Error: Package download failed". i tried SummerBoard (old).. same thing. and when i tried to download some things i had earlier (TTR for one), some of the programs dont work or theres files missing.. or it says "Error: Package download failed."

so can somebody please tell me what happened or what i can do to fix all this??

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    When you tap on install, tap on clear queue. And to get summerboard to work, add this source:
    ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    then install the SMB Themes Fix
  3. sohsilly

sohsilly New Member

well i tried doing the "clear queue" many times and it still wont let me. same message pops up.

and whats the 'ipodtouched.net/repo.xml'?
    so sorry. i dont know what the repo stuff is... :T
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ok well idk why Installer won't install, but since you recently restored and it worked for you before, you might try restoring again. Oh, and did you install BSD Subsystem first?

Anyway, the repo: just go into Installer and tap on Sources at the bottom right. Then, on the top right, tap Edit. Then tap Add on the top left, and when the popup comes up, type in ipodtouched.net/repo.xml and then tap on ok. Then tap Install at the bottom and SMB Themes Fix should be in Tweaks or Tweaks (1.1.4).
  5. barbyy

barbyy New Member