Suitable HD camera for YouTube?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by luke104, Aug 21, 2010.

1. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Hello all, first off, I didnt know what off-topic section place this thread, so if this section is not suitable, please mods, move it.
    So, I need some advice, I recently started youtubing, and now im getting a bit more into videoing, im looking for a better suitable camcorder, I dont want to pay more than £120 and It needs to be HD.
    It also needs to be mountable with a tripod and I would prefure the videos to Export as a suitable video format (not .MOV)
    Any suggestions?
    I have been looking at the Veho VCC-002HD and the FlipMinoHD, anyone had any experiences with these camcorders?
    Thanks.
    Luke104 (;
  2. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    One of the best, smallest, most cost efficient HD cams out there is the Kodak Zi8. I bought mine for $150 and it came with a free 8gb SD card.....the thing is lovely! It's made even better by getting a wide angle lens and external mic.....my lens kit was less than $10 and I bought a bootleg Sony mic off ebay for less than $10 and replaced the mic's inside it for about $16.
  3. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow lol i have a zi8 as well. It's nearly the same quality as mino and ultra hd by flip. It exports as .mov but it shouldnt be a problem. I don't think a wide angle lens is good for it since it can break off with enough force since you need to glue it and it has a good wideish view already. Just update the firmware to 1.06 and the lowlight kinda isnt that good but macro mode is awesome
  4. Mr Monopoly

Mr Monopoly Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The FlipMinoHD is brilliant. Everybody on my Drama course has one.
  5. theodore214

theodore214 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch