Suggestions...

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by stickypop, Jun 23, 2008.

1. stickypop

stickypop Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I suggest - probably not the best of things - but I suggest maybe a section within the Graphics and Design section for Tutorials? And maybe I'll make a thread for Tutorial websites for you to sticky on that page? Just a suggestion..
  2. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I totally agree. This is probably one of the cleanest subforums. All of the posts are about the topic, but now it is being noticed more, and other things are being assimilated into it. A tutorial subforum would definitely be nice and collaborative.
  3. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I disagree. I think we have enough with that.
    As long as there's stickied tutorials. When you go to that subforum you'll notice that people post what they've created and having the stickied tutorials in front of them will be better. But that's my opinion..

edit: Also, I will say one more thing. I've noticed that people take tutorials from websites and
    put them on that forum. Well, if you're going to make a tutorial, why not be what you learned and
    with your explanations rather than taking other people's work.
  4. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm assuming this is directed at me and my tutorial. And if so i would like to state that i knew from the beginning that i was basically copying that guys tutorial. And i did give all credit to him for making that tutorial, The reason i recreated it was so that people who didn't have much experience with Photoshop could make those images. I never said i made the tutorial.

Also i think that a sub-forum within this forum for tutorials would be a good idea. If thats possible
  5. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ^^yeah chucky abduzeedo's tutorials are all really.. advanced i guess, he skips over the little stuff that he assumes people already know how to do

so you gotta know your way around photoshop before you try one of his, schei3e didn't just copy it word for word he made it easier for people who have no idea what they're doing

note that i'm just making this up, i haven't fully read either shei3e's or abduzeedo's tutorial. but i sound convincing?

and yer i think it's a good idea
  6. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Not directly to you. If you look around (pages back) You'll notice some that just give a link to a tutorial...It's not just me and you making tutorials

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I'm not directing to you. Nothing againist you either

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I never said you made the tutorial, but I've seen abuzeedo's? tutorials and they're great. And I agree with Crypt. Remember we're in an iPod community, so we have to go easy on some people, if it was a Graphic and Design community, they wont be needing simple tutorials (looks at stickies).