Suggestions re simple Stereo Dock

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by J23, Apr 14, 2010.

1. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hi. I am looking for a straight forward dock for my 3rd gen iTouch. I simply want to be able to listen to podcasts, some relaxation & radio apps while going to sleep. That's all. I have looked @ 100's. Read tons of reviews but there really does not seem to be a clear standout in this sub $130.00 with taxes genre. Sound need only be clear & have some Hz range. Mid Blaster level.
    I could greatly benefit from anyones experiences. Philips, Altec Lansing and Sony seem to come up a lot on Apple sites & Cnet. I am in Canada btw. If that factors in.

I know this is a boring Q for all you experts that have had Apple products for years but this is my first Apple anything so perhaps that might encourage you to answer. I'd really appreciate it.
    Regards,
    J23
  2. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I bought this one a couple months ago

Ipod alarm clock at bestbuy

it sounds surprisingly good, has a decent sleep timer and is of course an alarm clock. it's somewhat compact in size. i keep it on my nightstand
  3. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I had given up on any replies. Thanks. It looks great. I was just wondering if 1. Can one access their Apps such as Tunein Radio or any App with sound while charging/ docked?
    2. What is it's charge time like for iTouch 3? Standard ?

Thanks again for responding to my post. I hope you get back to me. If the answer is yes to these q's I'll be buying it asap.
    Regards,
    J23
  4. RafaelGCPP

RafaelGCPP New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry to be this late, but yes, you can hear TuneIn when docked. I have a Sony DreamMachine and listen to radios abroad all the time!
  5. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can listen to anything including audio from videos that are playing
  6. New_User

New_User New Member

• Flaming and/or trolling
    this.