Suggestion, Fake Apps

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by x6blues, May 20, 2008.

1. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Don't believe everything hear.
    An old saying that all should take to heart. My reason for writing this is a thread like this. The response was anger and all this. What I found strange is that the main reason for believing it was a few senior members who went along with the ruse. This does not mean anything.

Things one should look out for is:
    • Physical Proof
      *Video, Pics, etc (Be wary of Photoshoppers)
    • Devs
      *Developing requires much knowledge, so all one needs to do is observe the post, features listed, ect to see validity.
    • Prior Threads/Publicity
      *If there is a large project, like the fabled N64 mentioned above, then there would have been some sort of notification, suggestion, or beta thread. This is usually the case, but of course some times this isn't the case. There are other sites around.
    • Alpha/Beta
      *A large project will always include a beta from the developer, so this is another thing to look out for. Remember though, some such as zodttd, have a group to beta test (those who donate can beta test)

I thought all this was common knowledge, but apparently not. I have seen many fake apps on this site for the time I've been here, so maybe this'll help....hopefully

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is pretty much some advice

EDIT:yz85 rider reminded of one more thing.

There is always a chance it could be real, so don't say, "This is a f***in fake. Where is a vid?". Show a little discretion and ask courteously. I don't understand how all of you get so worked up over these things

2. Led

Led Banned

Lets see there's i64, Ravepod, what else?
  3. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

i64. Was sweet. We got you all.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Not me lol.
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree. Why make an app to trick people? You only waste your own, and their time...
  6. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i don't see why everyone wants an n64 emulator, the n64 isn't good, and its old technology
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

yeah beware of photoshoppers - except that one guy who said he made gta4iphone and the image was so horribly photoshopped it looked like some 1980's futuristic movie...
    1 person likes this.
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

you gotta understand something - things being obsolete is only for people who don't actually understand them:

for instance, the xbox became obsolete when the 360 came out. however, there were many kids who basically grew up on that console, and still play it even with their shiny new xbox 360s sitting next to it.

why do you think people still play gba and nes emulators?

besides, n64 was the sh*t. if you actually played n64 when they were still making games for it, you'd know it was a huge advancement in gaming plus it was the most fun thing ever. even still I go to my cousin's house and we play some old mario-kart games.

I think a lot of people would agree, and a lot more would want an emu...
    1 person likes this.
  9. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    o alrite i understand now, and if you wanna an emu here you go:

10. Shade

Shade New Member

It was a rick roll
    totally different thing