iOS 4.1 Suggesting regarding jailbreak and other things

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chiaotzu, Sep 27, 2010.

1. chiaotzu

chiaotzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello guys, I need some of the suggestions regarding jailbreak and increasing the speed of the device.

Here are the details of my device.

iPod Touch 2G MC Model 8GB with Model Number MC086ID with iOS 4.0 installed. I applied star jailbreak via jailbreakme.com.

I've enabled backgrounding and wallpaper, also applied fix which stated to delete some overlay files to increase the speed. But still the device is slow and hardly runs a single application, and though multitasking is enable, as soon as I start 2nd application, first application automatically gets closed due to the lack of memory I suppose.

So here are my questions.

1. Is 4.1 any faster than 4.0?
    2. Are there any supposed advantages of enabling multitasking when I can't do it anyways?
    3. Is there any proper jailbreak for IPT2G MC on iOS 4.1? If yes, which one?
    4. Should I update to 4.1 or just downgrade to 3.1.3 and enjoy the faster speeds?

Thanks for reading, hope to get some answers.
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Lets face it trying to run all those things on your ipod is like swimming with 15 cinder blocks tied to your feet...........no matter what you do your gonna be slow
  3. chiaotzu

chiaotzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, that's very convincing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. TheDoctah

TheDoctah Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    2g wasn't designed to multitask in the first place. That's one of the reasons why apple didn't enable it in their own firmware. Diasable multitasking and backgrounds and the 2g will run 4.0/4.1 great
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have all the ipod3g features on my 2g and it's as fast
    As 3.1.3. Sure there are some compromises, such as no winterboad but I dislike it anyway
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have all the ipod3g features on my 2g and it's as fast
    As 3.1.3. Sure there are some compromises, such as no winterboad but I dislike it anyway
  6. savage24x

savage24x Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    if you use winterboard, use the option to optimize iphone png's
    it'll make it faster
  7. MistorOrange

MistorOrange Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I can understand how multi tasking would slow the device down but how could enabling backgrounds, I also don't understand why apple didn't enable it on older devices.
  8. TXF001

TXF001 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Backgrounds slow down the iPod because they put a lot of useless overlays and shadows and things over the top of it...I don't know if there's other reasons also..

I heard if you delete the overlay files(using shh or iFile or something) it actually runs faster, but I don't remember what files..

Personally, I'm just gonna use winterboard or something for backgrounds..it worked just fine when I was on 3.1.2....

(assuming winterboard works on 4.1)
  9. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Backgrounds take up lots of system resources, i dont find it necessary and turn if off. Try LaunchDaemons deactivating them, I use Backgrounder and get rid of the fake pausing apps in the background. Uses resources and also for some applications dosent make a time difference loading from memory or from restarting the app.