suffering of battery draining+how can i remove leftover jailbreak data?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ManGforce, Sep 9, 2010.

1. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    kso my touch is 2g mc model 8gb 4.0
    ive been suffering of battery drain since i jailbroke with jailbreakme.com
    like i play a game for like a minute, my battery goes down from 61 to 58 (and sometimes less) and i lock it, unlock it after few secs, and its up to 68
    i dont think its an ios 4.0 bug cuz ive had it on 4.0 for like a month without jailbreak and i didnt have that problem... i have extra launchdaemons deleted, location service off, wifi off, etc...
    i deleted all my installd cydia packages (preference loader, mobile substrate plugin, etc..) and havent noticed a difference...
    so is there anything i can do? i have native battery percent and home screen wallpaper enabled, i disable homescreen wallpaper, no difference.. so is there any solution for that ? ive done several full charge cycles and nothing differenct..
    thanks

another question:
    if i remove the jailbreak, is the anyway to remove the leftover data? like for e.x. if i enable saurik theme using winterboard, restore, restore from backup, ill see saurik theme even if i havent jailbroke it yet.. so how can i remove those extra files before taking a backup and restoring? and btw, in springboard.app folder, i saw some images called SBDock.. and stuff like that (start with sb) is that anything to do with sbsetting? (i dont have sb settings installed atm, but i had it installed but removed it).. and if it is, thats the leftover jailbreak data im talking about...
    thanks

third question (sorry i just dont wanna write three different threads while i can do them in one)
    ive formatted my pc, so now i opened up itunes, transferred purchases, took a backup before syncing (cuz if i sync, and nothings on my itunes library, everything will get deleted)
    so say i update to 4.1 (it has just been released the final version) and then restore from backup, will it restore all my apps progress and all the apps ive installed after formatting my pc? cuz when i go to apps section in my ipod on itunes, its grayed out and Sync Apps is not checked, and if i check it, itll delete all my apps on my touch and put the apps on itunes on my ipod, so when it does that, will it keep the progress ive made after formatting my pc?
    thanks!!

i really appreciate any answer on any question!!
    thanks again
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    1. tbh its really 4.0. Not the jailbreak. But is also caused by what you install. And make sure to close all apps in the multitasking bar before you power off/sleep your ipod because that drains battery also
    2. Restore (And not from backup because that just puts the data back on there) And no you wont see the theme because your not jailbroken. SB stands for springboard. nothing to do with sbsettings
    3. yes it will delete all of your apps from your ipod, but if you transfer them all then you can have them all back onto your ipod.
  3. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I know that but will it restore the progress too ?
    And i know I can setup as a new iPod, but that's not a good idea if I wanted to keep my contacts and stuff
  4. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Check my sig, common jailbreak issues.
    My battery goes down that fast as well.