Suddenly unable to SSH

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SD Max, Dec 9, 2007.

1. SD Max

SD Max New Member

All of a sudden unable to SSH. YES, SSH is on in Services and OPENSSH shows its on, but when I try to SSH in it just hangs. No login just sits and then times out. When I try to turn SSH on and then off it shutters but goes on. Everytime I close services and reopen it SSH is off.

Help!! It worked fine in 1.1.1 and I havent added anything via SSH since I went to 1.1.2
  2. PaviSays

PaviSays New Member

Alright, this happened to me too when I installed an application of some kind? Make sure you check your IP, because it may have changed. The last two numbers on the right end of the address changed for me, it shouldn't be much different, maybe 1-2 digits higher of lower.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

i have this problem just check your ip hasnt changed mine changes like every week
  4. PaviSays

PaviSays New Member

Oh, jeez, I forgot to add the solution, haha. Just make sure you adjust the IP to which you wish to connect to in your STP Client on your computer. Like Putty or Cyberduck.
  5. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

I have my network setup through my wireless router so I don't know what the Windows configuration for your Ipod entails but what you need to allow for is a fixed IP address:

DHCP Reservation:
    In order to ensure that devices on your network are always assigned the same IP address, add a DHCP Reservation for each device.
    Since I've done this my IP address always the same.

WinSCP doesn't always connect properly the first time no matter what. Just reconnect a few times and it should work eventually.

Jim
  6. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    chek ip and keep pressing reconect
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah the last digit on my IP on my iPod Touch changes like every other day for some reason.
  8. SD Max

SD Max New Member

You all ROCK!!!! I have never seen the IP Touch change IP addresses so never once thought of it. Thanks..

All is once again good in the land

Please Register or Log in to view images

/max