suddenly unable to connect to my wifi router after connecting perfectly for years

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kentmaster, Apr 23, 2010.

1. kentmaster

kentmaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi guys, since about a week ago, everyday I couldn't connect to my wireless router (I did not update firmware or did anything to do the jailbreak). I tried restarting my router, my ipod, rebooting, reseting network settings. Nothing worked. I remember about a week ago, I updated some of my Cydia apps (all well-known apps), including some essential packages. Could this be the problem? Anyone know any Cydia apps known to cause problems?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh btw in my wifi settings on my ipod, i see my wireless router's name with full signal strength. After I tap it, it says unable to join the network linksys
  2. Annadill

Annadill New Member

ive got the same problem, tried the same things like restarts on the router ect.

so if any one can help that would be great.
  3. v1dz

v1dz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Reply back with your iPod Touch Details.
    Generation/Capacity :
    Firmware :

Oh ya the same issue a few months back and unfortunately it might happen again. Logic fails to tell why.

First read this
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42331

Else, Here are some solutions, try them as you want.

>>
    -Try connecting some other Wi-Fi network anywhere to just check if Wi-Fi is working fine. Then go ahead with everything else.

>>
    - Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the blue arrow of your connection.
    Click on 'Renew License'. Let it happen as it happens.

>>
    - Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the blue arrow of your connection. Now click on 'Forget this Network' and let it redetect it. Try to connect again. If you still can't try changing your connection password and try again.

>>
    - Go to Settings > General > Reset > 'Reset all Settings'
    This would reset all your settings only no data would be deleted so its fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

>>
    - Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the blue arrow of your connection. Now click on 'Forget this Network'. And Turn off the wifi and the iPod.
    Then switch off everything. Even your Desktop and your router and turn off wifi from any device/laptop which uses it.
    Wait for 20-30mins. Switch on your Desktop and router. Another 30mins later Switch on iPod [Re-jailbreak if needed, if 3rd gen].And then switch ON WiFi.

>>
    - Ultimate resort is backing up your iPod and restore it back and jailbreak. That solves the issue ultimately. But keep this solution as the last resort.

All of them are different solutions, try them one by one patiently give time to do them a few hours but surely your issue would be solved.
    If you have any queries just reply here / leave a message on my profile page or PM me if anything

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope this solves your problem.