Suddenly *junky* sound in my right earphone!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sagsi, Jan 4, 2008.

1. sagsi

sagsi New Member

Well ... I'm using my iPod touch more and more and more and more at work. I have the "fighters" in the cubes next to me, not to mention everyone else is on a conference call (and fighting!), and now there is construction 20 feet away

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway ... like I said, I'm using my iPod touch *ALL* the time.

BUT ... TODAY, suddenly on several tracks from various albums my right earphone was *breaking up* on "base" kind-of-stuff ... not all but some

Some rock, some classical ... it was just wierd?

I assumed the right earphone on my B&O A8s must have gone bad. But it still seemed very strange to me that not all things sounded bad, were destored, etc.

This happened about 1pm ... so I re-played over and over various things several times while doing my normal work before I left about 5pm to confirm that either my iPod was shot (I've seen several posts stating "My phone jack went bad", etc.); OR my B&O A8s were dead.

It was bad

The sound was distorted and crappy (only for certian base in the right ear) on all the tracks that I suddenly noticed this on just today.

Well ... this story is getting very long, so I'll cut to the chase!!!

I re-booted (completely powered off) my iPod touch for the first time since ... well I upgraded to 1.1.2 back at the beginning of November.

All the sound problems have vanished! The sound quality is once again superb!

(So I guess in some respects the 'touch is like a windows PC ... a re-boot can make magic happen!)
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, the iPod runs a slimmed down version of OSX, so just like a computer stuff builds up over time. I make a point of restarting my iPod at least once a week, just to keep everything in running order.