Sudden Exit

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by genki, Dec 5, 2007.

1. genki

genki New Member

When i'm playing iPhysics / GPsphone, sometimes it jumps to the dock without any reason, anyone can tell me how to fix that?
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It seems to be related to a memory leak of some kind, whether from Summerboard or something else, as the more you load it, the more likely it is to happen. Restarting Summerboard helps, but the leak still occurs and eventually causes the crash. This is particularly annoying when I'm testing out iPhysics levels I'm working on, as that requires frequent loading and reloading of iPhysics to test changes.
  3. genki

genki New Member

Actually what's the actual meaning of restarting summerboard, is it the same as restarting my ipoT ??
    but i will try to restart anyway and thx so much for answering my stupid question =]
  4. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

you can go into smbprefs and find 'restart springboard' in there
  5. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know if the latest update of SummerBoard still has this problem, but the "Dim Wallpaper" option was causing memory leaks in SpringBoard when turned on.

Restarting SpringBoard only restarts this process, not the other ones running in background or sleeping that don't depend on it. It's faster than a full reboot and should be enough in this case, if that is the problem of course.
  6. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bumped update

Please Register or Log in to view images

The last version of Summerboard still has the Dim Wallpaper bug. I'm not sure what they changed, couldn't find any hint about that... there's really something to dislike about applications you can't have any information about.