Sucessful Jailbreak.....I think?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ssauer2004, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ssauer2004

ssauer2004 New Member

I attempted to jailbreak my brand new touch using ipodtouchmaster's youtube tutorial. It was perfect until it came to the "installer application". I kept receving an error message. I decided to restore the ipod since I didn't have anything on it anyway. It was upgraded to 1.1.3 (I didn't have a choice). I then downgraded to 1.1.1. I did some searching and used the tutorial by iClarified:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=580

It seems like it worked very well. It installed the "Installer" program and "SSH". It asked me to update the Installer program but I didn't. I read on the site where members were having trouble with the new version. Here is my question. I searched but didn't find a tutorial on how to actually install Apps on the touch. I found some vids on youtube but figured I would ask on here first. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. SynnR

SynnR New Member

You can use Installer to install apps. Just tap on the "Install" tab. Then, when you go back to the springboard, the spinning wheel should pop up for a few seconds, and then it will send you to the "slide to unlock" screen. Slide, and voila! Your new app(s) should be there.
  3. ssauer2004

ssauer2004 New Member

I installed the Mail, Weather, Stocks....etc apps. It was pretty simple. Do you have to install a prep before every app like with mail and maps? I want the old school nintendo games, but I want to make sure first.

Thanks
  4. SynnR

SynnR New Member

Nope. Only some of the iPhone apps need preps. I do think that BSD Subsystem is required for some apps though.