Successfully running beta 2.0: No iTunes store?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Mikooster, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Mikooster

Mikooster New Member

I successfully got iPWNER to work with the 2.0 beta firmware fine and it runs well. I needed this because I am dying for the 802.1x WPA2 support so I can connect to the WiFi at my university FINALLY (and never pay attention in class again)

My question, though, is: Is anyone else who successfully did this left without an iTunes store icon (or AppStore icon, which wouldn't work anyway)? Is there a fix for this?

Everything else works fine and I would rather be able to use the WiFi at my university all day than have third party apps or the iTunes store, but it would be nice if there were a fix for this.

Thanks!

by the way, I used the guide over at modmyifone to get the 2.0 beta on my ipod, if you were wondering.
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This Beta Build does not come with AppStore or MobileStore. Sorry!
  3. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    can u pm me the guide to get it i have 2.0 but not on my ipod so i wanna see it so pm me it
    thanks
  4. fhalkfjkflv

fhalkfjkflv New Member

I heard you have to go to parental controls. but this is a 3rd party thing i heard so i wouldnt trust it. Worth a shot

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

to get the app store and mobile store you go to parental controls and turn them all off and then on and voila u gt the app store and mobile store
  6. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Anyone tried this?

EDIT: Do you have to reboot, I tried switching off, exiting, switching on, it didn't work
  7. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

i read you have to be signed up as a developer and download it =S
  8. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Err... No Comment?!
  9. Mikooster

Mikooster New Member

What exactly did you do? I tried switching them off and then back on, and it didn't work... and I've tried rebooting. Could you please give me a step-by-step as to what you did to get them to appear?

I'ved tried turning them off > exiting > turning them back on AND turning them off > exiting > turning ipod off > turning ipod back on > turning them back on ... and I still don't have the icons.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I misread your post thinking you actually got them to appear... misread "Do you" as "You do"... so did you get them working?

Maybe they aren't in this build of the beta.
  10. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)