successfully jailbreaked?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by steeped, Oct 18, 2007.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

Hello,

I just used the Basher method to put jailbreak on, but how do I know if I was successful? Sorry for the very Noob question.
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd New Member

Try to access your Ipod using sftp?

There's a vague description of what to do here.
  3. steeped

steeped New Member

Well I can install programs now - like I added the NES application, but for some reason I cannot access my actual iPod in "My Computer" (im a windows user). iTunes detects my iPod, but I just cant find the drive.
  4. bndeac

bndeac New Member

unfortunately there's no way (that i know of) of being able to access your iPod like a drive on your computer. You'll need to use something like winscp to access it via wifi. it's pretty easy to use as it can be set up to look like the explorer interface in windows. to use it just enter the ip of your iPod in "hostname" (to find it look in wifi settings on the touch and hit the blue arrow next to your connection) and username=root, password=alpine. you should have full access to all your folders and files. hope that helps
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd New Member

As far as I know, you can only access it via wifi, using ssh / sftp. I'd imagine most ftp programs have an sftp option. You won't be able to do much without getting your head around that.

It's not too complicated - it's not unlike using windows explorer.
  6. steeped

steeped New Member

I will try that out - now I guess my follow-up question doesn't belong here, but I don't see a point of posting another thread. How am I supposed to install ROM files if I can't access my ipod through my computer?
  7. steeped

steeped New Member

OK I got into my ipod through that WinSCP thing, and according to the NES installer thing, I need to access the var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

I can get as far as Media, but there is no ROMs file in there.
  8. bndeac

bndeac New Member

if you use winscp, you can drag and drop files into your ipod. it really is just like using explorer.

edit: you'll need to make a ROMs folder and download some ROMs from the net, there are a few threads with good links in them
  9. steeped

steeped New Member

I'll look. Thanks tons for all your help.
  10. jonnyd

jonnyd New Member

Might just be you need to create things yourself. I can't see it'd do any harm, just don't go deleting anything unless you're sure!

Installing on a hacked device isn't always going to be as straightforward as it is on an original.