iPhone 3G SUCCESSFUL iphone 3g UNLOCK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deaduck3, Jun 21, 2010.

1. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Just successfully unlocked my iphone 3g on 3.1.3 on baseband 5.12.01!!!! thanks dev-team you are the best.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    the moderators can delete this thread.
  2. jhon martan

jhon martan New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    CrunchGear had mentioned about the new tool Yellowsn0w which helps in unlocking an iPhone 3G for any network all across the globe. This tool was developed by the iPhone Dev Team and seemed to work fine for some people and many had complains about it, from a small error to some permanent unlock disabilities. I still got an experimental iPhone(was a real phone but was a good experiment for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

) which belonged to my friend, and he wanted to get it unlocked. I assured him that i would do it, as i wanted to test this tool, and the dev team game me more confidence by telling that if the unlock isn’t successful, it won’t affect your iPhone. The phone would be as it was before.

Then i started the unlocking with QuickPWN iPhone 2.2 jailbreak. QuickPWN is the tool that Jailbreaks your iPhone. You can download the QuickPWN for Windows from here or QuickPWN for mac from here.
    A small note: Doing the entire process on mac is a better option, as Apple always easily works with some apple tool or product.
    Once you connect your device, the tool will automatically recognize it or else you do it manually. This tutorial is for iPhone 3G, so stick to it.