succeed in building toolchain 3.0, but fail to compile

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by demonlj, Jul 22, 2009.

1. demonlj

demonlj New Member

I followed saurik's instruction (upgrading iphone toolchain ) to upgrade the toolchain from 2.0 to 3.0
    i extracted headers from SDK and upgrade it following his instruction, but when i build the simple Helloworld app, i got an error about "'UIHardware' undeclared", so i have to modify the UIKit.h (overwrite it by UIKit.h of 2.0 toolchain) then i got more error like this.
    I got completely confused, for I can't find any "redefinition" of UIActionSheet or UINavigationItem.
    could anybody help me figure it out?
    thanks a lot !

Code:
    /usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin9-gcc -c -I/usr/local/lib/gcc/arm-apple-darwin9/4
    .2.1/include -isysroot /usr/local/iphone-sysroot  HelloWorldApp.m -o HelloWorldA
    pp.o
    In file included from /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UIAlertSheet.h
    :15,
                     from /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UIKit.h:11,
                     from HelloWorldApp.h:9,
                     from HelloWorldApp.m:9:
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UIActionSheet.h:19: error: redefinit
    ion of 'struct UIActionSheet'
    In file included from /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UIKit.h:26,
                     from HelloWorldApp.h:9,
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UINavigationItem.h:19: error: redefi
    nition of 'struct UINavigationItem'
    In file included from HelloWorldApp.h:9,
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UIKit.h:52: error: conflicting type
    qualifiers for 'UITextFieldTextDidBeginEditingNotification'
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UITextField.h:184: error: previous d
    eclaration of 'UITextFieldTextDidBeginEditingNotification' was here
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UIKit.h:53: error: conflicting type
    qualifiers for 'UITextFieldTextDidEndEditingNotification'
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UITextField.h:185: error: previous d
    eclaration of 'UITextFieldTextDidEndEditingNotification' was here
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UIKit.h:54: error: conflicting type
    qualifiers for 'UITextFieldTextDidChangeNotification'
    /usr/local/iphone-sysroot/usr/include/UIKit/UITextField.h:186: error: previous d
    eclaration of 'UITextFieldTextDidChangeNotification' was here
    HelloWorldApp.m: In function '-[HelloWorldApp applicationDidFinishLaunching:]':
    HelloWorldApp.m:16: warning: no '-initWithContentRect:' method found
    HelloWorldApp.m:16: warning: (Messages without a matching method signature
    HelloWorldApp.m:16: warning: will be assumed to return 'id' and accept
    HelloWorldApp.m:16: warning: '...' as arguments.)
    HelloWorldApp.m:24: warning: 'UINavigationBar' may not respond to '-pushNavigati
    onItem:'
    HelloWorldApp.m:25: warning: 'UINavigationBar' may not respond to '-showButtonsW
    ithLeftTitle:rightTitle:leftBack:'
    HelloWorldApp.m:37: error: request for member 'contentView' in something not a s
    tructure or union
    HelloWorldApp.m:40: warning: 'UIWindow' may not respond to '-orderFront:'
    HelloWorldApp.m:41: warning: 'UIWindow' may not respond to '-makeKey:'
    HelloWorldApp.m:42: warning: 'UIWindow' may not respond to '-_setHidden:'
    make: *** [HelloWorldApp.o] Error 1

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You need to fix your headers. then you'll be fine. Go through that output line by line, and fix what's causing the errrs. It won't be so bad once you actually get down to it.