Subtitiles

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SilentscopeO.o, Sep 28, 2008.

1. SilentscopeO.o

SilentscopeO.o New Member

I have a movie in .mkv format when i convert to .mp4 the subtitles dont show in the mp4 version. I thought it was cause of the .mkv so i downloaded the same movie again in .avi with subs and then converted that to mp4 and still the subtitles dont transfer...
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you are on Windows, you will need the following:

Install it in that order preferably.

1. Next, you use MKV Extract GUI to extract the Subtitles. If you are working with .ASS Subtitles, make sure to also extract the fonts and install the fonts.
    2. Open Xvid4PSP. Click Open and find your MKV File.
    3. On the left side, select the Format to "MP4 iPhone and iPod Touch"
    4. Click Subtitle in the Menubar and click Add. Find your Subtitle and select it.
    5. After that is done, just click Encode and select where to save your file.

-Note: If you wish to work with multiple files at a time, instead click "Save" and select where to save. That will add it to a queue. And then you just repeat the process.
  3. meepo

meepo New Member

isn't there an option where you could toggle the subs on and off in the video player? I saw a picture of it in one of your posts teslanaut.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can do that with only .SRT Apps. And you need Apps like Muxo for Mac OS X to add the Subtitle Track. Not sure what Windows has.

Handbrake can also do something like that with DVDs. Not sure if it works for Windows and Linux versions but does with Mac OS X.
  5. SilentscopeO.o

SilentscopeO.o New Member

Nice it worked thx!!