subfolders in photo library?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ARUS, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ARUS

ARUS New Member

Hi,
    I´ve already searched but didn´t find a solution to make this possible:
    I´ve synced all of my photos to my Touch. On my computer the folder structure looks like this:
    Photos -> 200X --> November 0X -> Vacation (eg)

But on my Touch it looks like this:
    200X -> ALL photos.

So for me it is really hard to find the right photo, because there are over 3000 photos per year and I have to scroll a lot.

Why does the Touch summarizes all the different folders?

Is there a way to fix it. I´ve already jailbroken my iPod, but I´ve not found a plugin/hack yet.

Bye,
    ARUS

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I havent really payed attention to this problem because I do not put photos on my touch,
    But I can see why this would be a problem.
    But im not shure how you could make it show individual folders.
  3. lvlln

lvlln New Member

In its current state, thanks to that problem as well as the stupid resizing issue (where iTunes automatically resizes all images to a ridiculously low resolution when transferring them to the iPod), the iPod touch is practically useless as a photo viewing device. Apple is not known for fixing well-known feature issues in its iPod line (or rather, it IS known for NOT fixing those issues), so I think that until someone decides to write a 3rd party image viewer for the Touch, you're gonna have to get your portable image viewing elsewhere.
  4. mattyusk2002

mattyusk2002 New Member

I know exactly what you want. I wanted sub folders for my photos too! I don't know how to do it. But if you go to the apple website, one of the video tours of the touch shows sub folders in their photos. I don't know how they did it, but it must be possible, unless they made a special touch just to make it look like you can have sub folders? Which I would doubt. I'll look into this.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure that the ones in the video were done by creating albums in iPhoto - Mac only - sorry...
  6. mattyusk2002

mattyusk2002 New Member

I got it to work. All I did was created a folder called iPod and then put the folders of the pics I wanted in there. Then just use iTunes to sync to the iPod folder. This is what worked for me.
  7. lvlln

lvlln New Member

You get folders within folders by that method? Or just the folders directly under iPod?
  8. mattyusk2002

mattyusk2002 New Member

Oooo.... My bad. It gave me different photo albums, but not folders in those albums. I didn't try that. I was just talking about having having different albums. My mistake.
  9. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ooh this problem troubled me before, but nobody had an answer to it. It would be great if someone actually did!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. marlman

marlman Member

I made a folder for my Ipod pics on my computer then separate folders inside it for different subjects.

Then in Itunes under the photos tab tell it to sync from that folder and then they are all in different folders on my Ipod Touch.

It works fine dont understand why you are having problems?