Stupid Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattyboy31, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mattyboy31

mattyboy31 New Member

hey everyone, i just recently bought an 8 gig ipod touch and am interested in downgrading it from 1.1.3. to 1.1.1 to get the installer app. I have a quick question that some of you may be answer easily, and i just wanted to make sure what the answer would be before i started messing around with my ipod.

When you downgrade your ipod, does it delete your songs off your itunes library or ipod, and does downgrading have any negative effects on the ipod?

I would appreciate an answer from someone as soon as possible as i am eager to begin experimenting with my new ipod.
    Thanks, Mattyboy
  2. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    umm no offence but you shouldnt be jailbreak if your unsure of these things but ill try to help you,
    yes you will lose you songs off your ipod but you will be able to get them back when you sync your ipod,
    no it doesnt
    but i recomend using ziphone because you wont have to downgrade heres a link the tutorials are stickied in jailbreaking
    http://www.ziphone.org/
    hope i helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mattyboy31

mattyboy31 New Member

THANK YOU STABBYJOE!

your method is deffinitly the easiest way to go ive seen online
    thanks again
  4. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

You won't lose your songs. Also, why shouldn't he be doing it? Jailbreak is incredibly easy, just because he has a few questions doesn't give you the right to tell him he shouldn't.
  5. gorskino10

gorskino10 New Member

Mine screwed up today so i just done this today.
    To downgrade you need to put your ipod into restore mode (there is a topic that has been stickied in this forum) i would go into "ipodtouchmaster" onto youtube and find his 1.13 -- 1.11 downgrade it tell you everything there.
    So putting your ipod to restore mode means you will WIPE EVERYTHING from your ipod, but its worth it to get installer though and how easy it is to jailbrake.
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Downgrading will wipe all of your songs because you use the restore option. Upgrading won't, because you use the Update option.
  7. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes it willl. Downgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 puts the device in DFU mode which is like restore mode. Upgrading doesn't because It doesn't overwrite the Media directory.
  8. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    sorry mate but rude words i helped him a lot didnt you see his message,
    dont you dare abuse me for giving GOOD advice i didnt satte you cannot jailbreak i gave him an opinion becuase i dont want him to break his ipod,
    so in future look more at the awnser and think before you type rude mesages
  9. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

use ziphone since you are running a 8 gb.
  10. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Not being a jerk but you can't brick a Touch.

Also if if you want to jailbreak 1.1.3 with ZiPhone you need an 8GB because it has one SSD. Using a 16 or 32 and you will end up with the BSD root error.