Stupid People and iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJ Xander, Aug 20, 2008.

1. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

When it comes to the new iPhone 3G, and even the original iPhone, AT&T, news companies and MANY other places make mistake after mistake, even when all the information they need is right on Apple.com

For example, News Companies often spell iPhone as "Iphone", "I-Phone", etc.

As for 3G, they sometimes call it the "iPhone/Iphone/I-Phone 3 Gig, which annoys me as well.

Now AT&T reps are the worst, because they make up information just to sell it to you. For example, I went into the store, knowing pretty much all I need to know. I ask the girl at the desk to show me an iPhone 3G, so we walk up to the demo. On the demo, the icons have been moved by some person who had tried it out, and removed all the icons form the dock, and had scattered the icons over several pages.

She looks at it, locks it and unlocks it, turns to my parents and I nervously ,and goes on to explain how this one was "broken" as someone had dropped the demo iPhone and all the Icons quote "fell off" from the bottom...

While she's explaining data plans to my parents I reorganize the Icons back to how they were supposed to be, and she looks back with a look of confidence and says "What'd you do, shake it? Oh yea, sometimes shaking it helps."

I facepalmed.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

ive never actually heard anyone say iphone 3gig, ive always heard them say 3g =p
    but anyways.. wow at the girl at the store!
  3. pandaman2300

pandaman2300 Banned

Did you shake it? lol
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Was she blond??? Probably thinking about shoes when they did the "this is how the iPhone works" demo. Now if they had Bootneuter on the springboard she'd have paid attention "Oooh that's a nice boot"
  5. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

thats too funny about shaking it... i too have heard people talk about the iPhone 3 gig.. pretty dumb.... luckily at our rogers store, most of the staff have had jailbroken 1st gen iPhone since they came out, so they are pretty knowledgable about them
  6. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should have shook her.
  7. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

Hahaha not even that would fix her.
    Or change her gender =0 JK
  8. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thats a good thing you knew what to do or they would have thrown it away
  9. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

Hehe I would have said since it's broken and you're just going to throw it away... Can I haz it plz??
  10. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ugh, i know people that go i-phone.
    Whats with the dash??!!?! its iPhone... done.
    Haha how dumb could she be. And why would anyone recruit people like that in the US
    in 02-UK, the people around the iPhones know most of what theyre talking about. Most even know about jailbreaking!