Stupid newb question...Where are my apps?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by crazychile, Feb 4, 2009.

1. crazychile

crazychile New Member

I just bought a Gen 2 32G Touch and it has the latest software updates. I've had it for a day and am trying to learn how to use it.

I downloaded a couple of free apps and can see them in itunes. The boxes next to them are checked so they'll sync. The sync appears to be fine but when I eject the Touch I can't find the apps. Arent they supposed to be on the start page with all the other Icons? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help
    crazychile
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Had it been jailbroken or did u buy it from a retailer, if it was preowned they may have hidden the icons and restored without unhiding them.
  3. crazychile

crazychile New Member

Its brand new, unmodded.

Yesterday when I first downloaded the apps and tried to sync the Touch, iTunes gave a warning to the effect of the computer didnt have the right authorization to use the apps or something to that effect. (Its a Mac Mini) Today it appeared to sync normally without any warnings, but the icons just werent there.

thanks,
    crazychile
  4. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    does it even see your ipod touch? go into the apps tab and make sure all your apps are checked... make sure it doesnt say to not sync them.... you probably tried already, but there might be one check somewhere that is stopping it from syncing... is the music synced up?

edit: authorization error? go into your itunes account and authorize the pc. thats the problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. crazychile

crazychile New Member

Yes! the authorization did it. (I've used itunes for 3 years and never had that set.)

Thanks for your help!
    crazychile