Stupid Apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WhiteNova, Oct 1, 2008.

?

am i the most stupid person on this forum?

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. WhiteNova

WhiteNova New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so i lost my ipodt at an amusement park. most likely it fell out of my pocket on a rollercoaster, cause when i got it back it was all dented on the back. so i call apple tech support to see if i can get a replacement. i actually was truthful and told them what i actually thought happened. they said that if i just took it to an apple store that they would check the water detector and give me a new one. so my dad was going to be heading past an apple store so he said that he would take it for me. well he calls and the guys at the genius bar said that there was no record of my call and that since it was accidental damage that they would not replace it. so i called apple back and they said that nope, i cant get a replacement even tho they told me that i could. any suggestions?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Buy a glock.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No one would ever give you a replacement of anything if you are the one that damaged whatever it is you wanted replaced. Accident or otherwise.
  4. pimbo

pimbo Member

If you got the iPod back and it still works then cause the Spinning Wheel of Death and take it back to apple and say that the software is broken.
  5. EMForce

EMForce New Member

lmao,
  6. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    thats what i did!!!!^^^^^it works. my ipod was just realllllllly scratched and i couldnt take it anymore so i caused the swod and they gave me a brand new one!!!!
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    And you also defrauded Apple!
  8. bluejava2

bluejava2 New Member

Have to agree on this one. This is no different than buying a pair of shoes at Nordstroms and after 3 months, the shoes get scuffed and you get unhappy. Some will take it back; others will scoff.

Amazing how some can get away with it... as a shareholder, this is not good.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It is pretty sad how much time some people spend on figuring out little scams to get replacement iPods because they are careless

Hook em Horns!
  10. WhiteNova

WhiteNova New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ha the only problem is my ipod is dead.. what i dont understand is why they would say that they would give me a new one when that wasnt true.