iOS 4.0 Stupid Apple does it's stupid thing again

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Noogah, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Noogah

Noogah Active Member

Am I the only one who's noticed that, for 2G users, and 8GB "3g" users, the iPod touch firmware 4.0 is just an excuse to break our jailbreak? We get no wallpaper, no multitasking...so what's the stupid point? Well, I guess we get folders. Oh wait, I forgot. We already had folders, because the jailbreakers were smarter than Apple. So...I guess...

There is no stupid point. It's just like when we were conned into buying an 8gb "3G" model eagerly anticipating the speedy goodness, only to find out that there was absolutely zero difference between it and the last generation. We were tricked into paying $199 hard earned bucks for nothing.

Now, I'm stuck with an iPod touch with no home screen button, which I can't replace because Apple charges $199 for any stupid "repair" (which is just a replacement) which I can't afford, and no Jailbreak so that I can't use mquickdo to get around it, and absolutely no stupid wallpaper or multitasking.

I'm going to shoot Steve Jobs an email, and he'd better respond. Apple seriously needs to get it's stupid act together.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am seriously angry with Apple.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    We all knew the 8GB model had no hardware changes. Also, is your iPod still under warranty, see if you can get it fixed?
  3. Acefluenza

Acefluenza New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, sucks for you.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There are legitimate reasons to be upset with Apple. You, however, listed none.

1.) You don't have to update to 4.0. Don't want to? Have at it Hoss.

2.) As mentioned before, the 8GB third generation iPod touch was not advertised as an improved product. Apple did not fool anyone. If you personally thought it featured speed improvements, you were were not fooled—you were a fool.

3.) If you are out of warranty, or damage is accidental and not covered by your warranty, why do you expect Apple do repair/replace for free/cheap?

edit: here are some synonyms for "stupid"

also, I do apologize for my seemingly combative tone; however, yours is equally if not more combative.
  5. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I would like to add to Axis's comment.

For the 2G iPod Touches it's not sensible to have multitasking. I myself have an iPod Touch 2G and I've jailbroke an got Multitasking and I've noticed that my iPod can get really really slow at times. Apple is trying to do their best to satisfy everyone, you wouldn't want the 1st Gen iPod, but it's not even supported!

Apple, did not say that the iPod Touch 8GB was an improve, that's why if you go on their website, they have separated the 32gb, and 64g from the 8GB iPod touch. Yes I myself think that apple should have done some improves, but they didn't, bottom line.

I've had my iPod Touch 2G (MB Model) longer than you've had your iPod touch, and mine is in almost mint condition, it's not Apple's fault that you do not take care of your product. If you knew that you would be careless with your electronics you should of bought extended warranty or buy a third party protection warranty.

Now you have to think, apple wants to make money like all businesses want to do, right? There is always going to hardware, software updates that benefit the most lastest model, so they want you to buy the new product, like the iPhone 4.

To prevent this next time, research the product that you are going to buy something. You would have already found that this was a problem.
  6. chriss

chriss Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    God OP you were so owned.