Stumbler Issues...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SteelFlex, Jan 4, 2008.

1. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

I just installed stumbler onto my 8g iTouch. I thought it was a secure network cracker/thing that could find non broadcasting networks. It is only showing me a list of networks and some info about them. is this all it does?
  2. River

River New Member

In a word... yes.
  3. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

okay. I really wanted a program that i could use to get into my schools wifi. There is one, because the rental laptops have wireless. You cant get to the WLAn settings or even see the SSID. It is probably secure too. I was hoping that there was an app that could find non-broadcasting networks, and crack the WEP/WPA. i guess not.
  4. stirpicus

stirpicus New Member

Supposedly someone is working on a WLAN cracker, but it won't be around for a while, if it even ever does get made. (Mind, even if it does get made, the iPoT's hardware would take a while to crack anything..)

Search for it here on the forums and you'll find the full thread about it. I was just reading it this morning.

cheers.

edit: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18784 there's the thread. It was just a few above yours..
  5. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

so whats the point of having it? The only thing it does is tell u wat type of security the network is. Wats wrong with the Wi-Fi settings in the ipod touch? Everyone says they can't live without stumbler. ???
  6. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

Im kind of curious about this too.

What does the stumbler do that the iPod's WiFi settings panel doesn't?
  7. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Gives more detailed information about the network, including signal strength among other things.
    It also allows for you to 'Stumble' across hidden networks, but does not crack WEP/WPA
  8. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ud be surprised how many hidden networks there are, this app is very useful in my case, as many ppl like to hide their networks and leave them unsecured
  9. KingPelvis

KingPelvis New Member

I haven't yet seen any evidence of this app finding any hidden networks. Locked ones, yes, but not hidden ones. One of my neighbors just hid his network. Stumbler doesn't see it.

My reason for having this is that I hope to one day soon see a little red update circle informing me that there is a new version that actually works.
  10. chrism238

chrism238 New Member

You may get more satisfaction from my APlogger application but, as discussed to death in a number of other threads, no WEP cracking.