Stuff i Shoud Know Before Jail Breaking iPod Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by iPod Touch™, Feb 4, 2009.

1. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im About to use the GUI and a Video tutorial mad eby my friend i just named wildta on Youtube here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVp8jQyB0ns So anything i should know any tips or suggestions before i start? Im running windows XP so tell me is this Video a valid tutorial? Will i be able to follow it step by step or is their some stuff wildta missed?

Thanks Guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldn't use that one. Use cyw00d's method here.
  3. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i agree, i used cywoods and it was very simple(so easy chris can do it)
    just follow it step by step and your good.
  4. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't freak out if you're halfway done, and one of your files doesn't appear to be valid. It's impossible to brick your ipod, and everything can always be redone by completely restarting any tutorial you've followed. Your ipod isn't any different than anyone elses 2G, so everything will go smoothly even if things look bad. You WILL have to resync all of your music and applications, but once it's done, you'll love your ipod even more.

Once finished, you'll notice Cydia on your Home Screen. Get Winterboard. Have fun.

Also, Don't Panic.
  5. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You should know, if you already don't, that's it a tethered jailbreak, meaning if your iPod turns off you will have to patch the jailbreak again. So, some advice, don't turn your iPod off or let the battery die if you don't want to go through the hassle of doing that all the time. Other than that just have fun, get some good themes and enjoy!
  6. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know its tethered but i have a problem, when i press Click me and the command prompt is supposed to come up so i can paste in the commands, but my command prompt window opens for 1 sec and then gives and error 314 and then disappears. Is their anywa yo fix this and is their a way to just go to satrt then RUN and get to the place where you paste in the codes?
  7. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You would be surprised by the amount of people that don't get that it's tethered and what it actually means. Sorry, I can't help you with your problem, I had to jailbreak mine on my Mac, because my Window's would not work at all, I kept getting the stupid "blue screen of death" every time I tried the jailbreak.
  8. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im disappointed i cant get past this error, luckily i have 8 pages of apps and the are not synced with iTunes so i would have to manually install them again (Pain) so i didn;t Restore my ipod yet so now i can still use my ipod and all the apps until i get past this

but atleast they are working on a 2.0 update to this TooL GUI maybe it will fix my problem

So sad though though i would be in school tommorow showing off JB 2G