Stuck with 4.0.2 (Raging at apple!!!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J-rad, Aug 18, 2010.

1. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have asked about this before in a few different ways, but not quite so direct. My ipod 2g 3.1.3 has accumulated several annoying bugs which have driven me to the point of insanity and I need to restore. I DO NOT WANT IOS 4+...Is it possible...in any way...to get ANYTHING below 4.0? Like..perhaps by using a early itunes? Or can shshs be shared perhaps? I need my ipod touch jailbroken, and do not like the availability of things on 4.0+.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

No SHSH blobs cannot be shared they only work your your specific device. But if you have your SHSHs for 3.1.3 can't you restore to 3.1.3 with those SHSH blobs?
  3. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is no way to jailbreak 4.0.2 unless you have a mb model device.
    You cannot share SHSH blobs.
  4. blessthefresh

blessthefresh Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON 3.+ APPLE WILL SIGN YOUR DEVICE BECAUSE THE SHSH BLOBS ARE STILL THERE. Just download the firmware you are currently on, and Shift+Restore it.
  5. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [rage]AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH[/rage]

I AM a mb model, but I dont want 4.+ due to the lack of jb options (apps and the sort).

I have tried "just restoring" with Shift+restore but I get error 3194 or something.

I never got shsh blobs in time because I wasn't aware apple were such [use your imagination]. Can they not even be edited or anything?

[imagination] YOU APPLE!
  6. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have to admit 4.0 does suck at times because some good apps dont work with it. But the devs are working hard to update those apps and in the meantime 4.0 is easily bearable. To be honest i kinda like the fact that its more complicated than 3.x because it gives you a bit more stuff to mess around with and figure out how sh*t works.
  7. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You don't need hashes for pre-4.0 firmwares for a second gen device... You should just be able to shift+click restore with an issue.
  8. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [cry] WHAAHAHAHA!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA [/cry]

Ok..so these are my options then.

1) Use 4.0 (DO have shsh for 4.0)
    2) Fix Biggest problem with ipod at the moment.

---THE PROBLEM---

I was messing around theming. I wanted the white ('solid" as stated in the winterboard theme) status bar. I added the string
    <key>statusbarmode</key>
    <string>3</string>
    Or what ever it is to my info.plist. But it wouldnt work. On startup, I first had to open a app then close it for the statusbar to take effect. Then, and this continues....even though the string has been removed....when I close a application that uses the white status bar, the status bar closes as though it is part of the app, and requires a respring to bring it back. This is very annoying because
    a) I cant use sb settings
    b) I dont know when my wifi cuts out (using wifi out and about, i often loose and pickup signals
    c) I dont know my battery

---iOS 4---

What are the pros and cons to a jailbreaker to this over 3.x?

Can the same things be themed? Can the same sort of cydia apps be used? Backgrounder? Catergories? The five icon docks and such? ifile? Live clock? terminal? SB settings?

Is there anything new and wowy that I will be able to do on os4 I cant on os3?

Grrrrrr this r angreh
  9. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Everything can be themed, as far as i know. A few names changed and places changed but they are really easy to figure out. All the apps you listed work except i think terminal has a few issues. The folders are pretty nice. Alot better than categories on 3.x
  10. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Where the heck did you hear this? It makes no difference if you are on 3.x or not, apple still won't sign, because THE BLOBS AREN'T THERE. Apple removed them ages ago.

Have a look in cydia and see if it says you have SHSH's saved, it will say at the top of the cydia front page. Then use the downgrade tutorial and redirect iTunes to cydia.