Stuck Pixels Again. Ridiculous

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattyusk2002, Dec 7, 2007.

1. mattyusk2002

mattyusk2002 New Member

What would you do if you had a touch with about 10 stuck pixels and you sent it in to get it repaired. Then apple tells you that you need a replacement. Then what if that replacement has 8 countable stuck pixels!!!! What would you do? When I got my first touch it had NO noticeable stuck pixels in the beginning. On this "new" one I got it has at least 8 white spots all over the black screen and they stay that way, it's annoying watching movies and seeing the spots that don't change!!! Why would you send someone a replacement that has the same problem as the one they sent in? It's the same thing, but the spots are just in different places. For just over $300 dollars why can't I have a normal screen with no stuck pixels/ white spots or whatever? What would you guys do? I wonder if this is a refurbished touch or something that someone else wanted replaced and they just stuck a new back with my engraving on it and said here ya go and hope that I or the person receiving it wouldn't notice. At least, they're not super bright white spots like the last one I guess. The last one also had some spots that were green and red, these are all white. Is this normal for the touch? Both my touches have been engraved and both have been shipped from China. Are all the touches being made in the same place? I think if I do send this one in, I wont ask for it be engraved, I wonder if that would make a difference.
  2. CarlosR26

CarlosR26 New Member

Im from mexico, and my Touch was made in china too.

Return yout Touch to Apple until they give you a 100% working unit.. ¿why would you accept a bad unit? ¿your time and work means nothing?
  3. mattyusk2002

mattyusk2002 New Member

Oh, I WANT to send it back! Trust me, for over $300 I want to have a working touch with no white spots!!! Why don't I then? I'm afraid apple will look at this and be like this guy already sent one in for the same reason. Then they'll look at my new touch and be like psshhhhh those are barely noticeable stuck pixels, he should be able to live with them. Then they'll just send it back to me. The back of the touch scratches so easily they'll probably send me the same touch back with more scratches on it from them checking it. Then I'm really screwed. I'm really frustrated. $300 dollars!!!! I love the touch, but considering other people have perfect screens, which all of my friends do, it frustrates the hell out of me that I paid for the same thing and I keep getting sh*t. It's not so funny when your friends laugh because your replacement touch has stuck pixels and theirs which they've had longer have none!!!!
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. mattyusk2002

mattyusk2002 New Member

Well with my new one it's certainly less noticeable than my old one, but should I really be able to count for sure 8 of them? Is it "acceptable" that my friends have touches that don't have any pixels like this when we paid the same amount of money for the same product? My old one didn't have any problem when I got it new. I wonder is this one will get worse as well.
  6. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

try it one more time, i had to replace my ipod twice before it had no problems.
    liek they aways say, 3rd times the charm
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch