stuck pixel, reason to return?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by insidiousvertigo, Dec 27, 2007.

1. insidiousvertigo

insidiousvertigo New Member

hi everyone. I was wondering if I could send my iPod touch to apple for repair if I bought it at best buy. The best buy is kind of far away so I don't wanna drive all the way back there. Thanks in advance!
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is it stuck or dead?

If it is stuck, it should display only one color constantly. If it's dead, it shouldn't display any colors.

If it is stuck, there are methods to try and fix it.

I believe that there need to be a bunch of dead pixels before most stores will let you return a device though.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Yes, with one or more stuck pixels, most manufacturers (Apple included) will basically say, "Bummer, dude." I don't know what the limit is for Apple, but it's a pretty good bet that there will probably have to be 4 or more stuck or dead pixels before Apple will even consider an exchange.
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Although that is true (I believe Apple's policy used to be 8-10 or more or 5 within like an inch), I have heard several people with one or two dead/stuck pixels get it exchanged. If it was me, I'd try... of course, unjailbreak before you do...
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Those requirements might only apply to LCD monitors though, where that many stuck or dead pixels wouldn't pose quite as much of an irritant as they would on a 3.7" screen. Though I still think they probably aren't likely to do anything for a single stuck/dead pixel, you could always try.
  6. Kocur!

Kocur! New Member

Hi,

I won't make another thread, so I will write here. I'm maybe supersensitive but I've noticed that around the screen there is a frame of no shining pixels. Is that normal? If somebody could count the number of pixels (in the safari browser) from the "I" of ipod to the left, and to the top I would be grateful.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's normal, and it's because there aren't any pixels there; that's the border of the LCD screen.
  8. Kocur!

Kocur! New Member

9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Looks the same as mine...
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member