Stuck on Startup Screen DUF doesn't work (Apple Logo)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by digitallifenow, Dec 24, 2008.

1. digitallifenow

digitallifenow New Member

Hey I have a 16 gig iPod Touch 1st Generation model and I had it jailbroken but I never had any issues with the device until I recently went to sync it with iTunes and I wouldn't sync. I troubleshooted everything with the syncing issue so my only option was to go into settings and I found "Erase all content and restore iPod to factory settings or something like that and It would take two hours to complete. We'll I waited 3 days and then It was just stuck at the apple logo and it just resets itself before it can fully boot continuously. (loop of the apple logo) I tried putting it into recovery mode and the screen comes up but not one of my three macs with different USB Cables and Ports could recognize it.

Can anyone help me? Apple wants $213 to fix it and it would take a few week when I could purchase a new one for almost the same price. Please, can someone help me?

Thanks,
    -Mike
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    try getting into DFU with the link in my sig.
  3. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    dfu does work, believe me best thing to do is have your speakers all the way up on your computer, and make sure you are actually doing dfu mode.
    had this problem, your screen will probably stay black.
  4. Mr.Girl

Mr.Girl New Member

5. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dfu mode will always work. except one case i sawon here he had a broken home button an he wanted the app that lets u use the screen as a home button but that required a jailbreak an he couldnt get into dfu mode wit the broken button. hah