stuck on restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kichoufumetsu, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Kichoufumetsu

Kichoufumetsu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Verifying Ipod restore...
    and the ipod's progress bar stopped about halfway the bite in the apple.
    also the battery died and now it won't do anything unless it's restoring. and YES i left it charging for HOURS.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    duh...sorry, 1st gen 8Gb Ipod Touch
    might help huh?
  2. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay so if you're battery died, charge it and try again
    if it's full, maybe putting it into DFU mode then restoring might help

1. hold home button for 5 seconds
    2. without letting go home, hold power button for 10 seconds
    3. still without letting go home, let go of power button and hold it till computer recognizes as DFU mode
    4. then restore
  3. Kichoufumetsu

Kichoufumetsu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    battery SHOULD be full by now. i left it on the charger for about 5 hours yesterday. tried restoring it, that's where it's stuck. i've done DFU and recovery mode before hitting restore, it still gets stuck.
    started out that the ipod was in my wife's purse when she threw the purse at me and the screen shattered. she took it with her to work anyway cause the touch panel still worked and the battery died while she was working. thinking that it was completely dead, she just tossed it into her apron to jostle around with god knows what else.
    i think my logicboard is shot...women...i told her to sit the ipod on a flat surface until she brought it home..the screen repair is cheap...now i have to buy a logic board...sucks right?
    kinda...
    i found out from a repair tech...that you can swap in a bigger logic board...i found a 16gb board for 150...i'm just gonna install it all myself. tech said it stounded like the logic board, that's why it gets stuck during the restore. HOPEFULLY its just a connector that came loose in there somewhere, but i have to wait till i can get the opener tools before i can find out. anyone had any luck using other things besides the plastic opener tools that DIDN'T mess up the casing? please let me know...i really don't want to have to order the tools if i don't have to.