stuck on openiboot

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by wcstick, Jul 22, 2010.

1. wcstick

wcstick Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am up to step 9 under Getting Android Working! following this guide:
    http://androidalot.com/modding/how-to-install-android-on-an-iphone-2g/

But whenever I try selecting my iPhone (OpeniBoot Mode) from the Devices menu, I get a "Failed to attach the USB device Unknown device to the virtual machine Ubuntu, etc..." I'm thinking it's a driver problem cause I get an installation error on my desktop when it booted to OpeniBoot. Doing the next step does nothing and I don't know how to exit OpeniBoot. Please can anyone help me?

EDIT: I just found out that I could restart the iPhone by holding the Hold and Home buttons together. I'm still having issues whenever I try to select my iPhone in OpeniBoot mode under the Ubuntu devices.
  2. droid_junkie

droid_junkie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    disconnect it from the usb cable and reconnect it, if that dont work plug it into another usb port
  3. wcstick

wcstick Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    didn't work. i need an openiboot driver installed on my desktop since it won't load on unbuntu unless it loads on my desktop. problem is i don't know where to get the driver
  4. droid_junkie

droid_junkie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there is no driver, try running a linux live cd instead of a virtual machine, or you can put the iphone/ipod into openiboot mode and set up a usb filter for it in the virtual machine. Other then that I have no idea.