stuck on booting apple logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SvOak18, Oct 30, 2008.

1. SvOak18

SvOak18 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright so i read some of those guides about how to fix the booting apple logo (btw i got a 2.1 jailbroken touch) and every guide says to ssh into the ipod but i got no idea how without having the ipod on plus i totally forget the ssh program i use (its not cuteftp i hate that one) btw if it matters its been stuck in this boot thing since 11pm last night and now its 4:30 pm i have no idea how this happened either cause i just left the ipod on my bed while i when to check a game demo downloading on my xbox and when i came back all i saw was a black screen the status bar and the spinning logo thing then it just went to the boot logo so i plugged it into the wall charger then about an hour ago i plugged it into my computer so if anyone can tell me how to fix this (how to ssh into it without it being on and if anyone knows good ssh programs besides cuteftp) that would be great
  2. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    put it into dfu mode and restore
    -hold home and power button - connect to usb - continue to hold buttons for 10 seconds - release power but hold home until itunes pops up with found ipod in restore mode- restore - jb again.
  3. SvOak18

SvOak18 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i really dont wanna lose all my stuff (plus i paid for a couple of apps and downloaded a ton of others and i havnt synced with itunes in a while) and i know theres a way to fix it without restoring
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

5. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Your only choice is to restore, however, when you go to buy an app you bought it'll say you already paid for it and ask if you want to download it again for free.