stuck on boot logo

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mg17, Jan 9, 2009.

1. mg17

mg17 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have tried jailbreaking my ipod with quickpwn 2.2 three times now. everything goes fine and it tells me i had a succesful jailbreak but when the ipod begins booting up, it gets stuck on the boot logo. i dont know what im doing wrong and how to get a succesful jailbreak?? Please Help!
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Restart it.
  3. mg17

mg17 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have already tried restarting it and it still hangs on the boot logo
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    download iPhone browser here http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

When your iPod is stuck at the boot logo, make sure its plugged into your computer, start iphone browser and navigate to /var/media/Applications. Now right click and rename the applications folder to anything like Applications1 or whatever just as long as its different then "Applications" it a few seconds your iPod should boot up. If you had any applications installed, you will first need to rename the folder you just changed back to "Applications" then in iTunes go to the applications tab, uncheck "sync applications" then apply/sync so it removes all your apps, and after check sync applications, and make sure "all applications" is selected and apply/sync again and there you go. If you didnt have any applications installed, just make sure you rename the folder you changed back to "Applications" after your iPod booted
  5. mg17

mg17 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thank you so much it worked great