Stuck on boot logo - Might explode (Seriously!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gaph2000, Sep 8, 2008.

1. gaph2000

gaph2000 New Member

OK, so my Ipod touch 8GB is completely legit (as in not jb). I tried installing an app from the app store (The Game, if that matters.). The install kept telling me to restart the installation or connect to iTunes and download it. I kept hitting restart until finally the app disappeared off the home screen. I went back to the app store on the iPod and tried dl'ing again. The iPod restarted and was stuck on the boot logo for about a 1/2 hour now. The device is starting to get really hot to the point where I can't touch the metal on the back because of the temperature. Is my iPod going to explode? Or something else harmful (To the device or me)? If not how do I fix this? I'd prefer not to restore beacuse I haven't backed up in a while.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just let the battery run out. yes it gets hot but it will be ok.
  3. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i suggest restore but if u want ur ipod to break and never use it again then i say let it be and move on

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. gaph2000

gaph2000 New Member

OK, but are you sure? I just put my ear to it and it actually sounds like it's sizzling on the inside!
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    This happened to me several times. Ended up my Home button was messed up. The funny thing was I was taking to Apple Store and it had been on the boot logo all day and it literally went back to Sprringboard when I walked into the mall. I had it happen several times before and didn't want to restore so I let it run down the battery and it worked.

And I never tell people to o something unless I have experienced it myself
  6. gaph2000

gaph2000 New Member

I guess I'll let it be.
  7. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you dont have to restore
    can u ssh into it?
  8. Cstsxyfry212

Cstsxyfry212 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    heres a solution. worked for me, for i was having the same problem. first put it into recovery mode so it has the "itunes plugin screen" (unplug your ipod, then turn it off [since it wont turn on just hold the home and off button until the screen turns black, then let go] then while holding the home button, plug back in your ipod back in until it shows the recovery screen) then leave your ipod plugged in and your computer on until the ipod turns off. when it turns off, turn it back on and in 5-10 mins it will be back to normal.

hope this helps

9. gaph2000

gaph2000 New Member

OK, I left it and it worked. Thanks!
  10. Cstsxyfry212

Cstsxyfry212 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea no problem

but did you do it how i told you or did you just leave it. For me, it seems to be something with my macbook, because it didnt happen before i synced with my computer and put all my music, videos, and apps.