Stuck on boot logo after installing TvOut2 Mirror TvOut

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Medd, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Medd

Medd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello all.

I've got a problem with my ipod touch. It's no longer able to boot up after something I did today.

It's an ipod touch 1G, firmware 2.2.1, jailbroken with Quickpwn. Everything had been working fine, then I bought a TV Out lead and went into Cydia to install a TV output app.

The first app I tried didn't work, it just affected Springboard and Mobile Substrate. The app was called Landscape something. I removed it and everything was fine again.

Then I tried installing TvOut2 Mirror TvOut. This caused the ipod to reset and never successfully reboot.

Now I just get the boot logo for a few minutes, then it resets and tries again with the same result. As it will not reboot, I can't get back to Cydia to remove the app which has caused this.

When plugged in, the ipod still shows up in iTunes & windows. I've tried reinstalling the firmware via Quickpwn with no luck. I can't seem to connect via WinSCP, presumably because the ipod doesn't really get fully booted up.

Is the only solution a DFU restore of the original firmware, followed by another jailbreak? This will lose everything stored on the ipod, I assume? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Are you sure those Apps supported 2.2.1?
  3. Medd

Medd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not sure at all, I didn't notice anything about it in the app info. Just a warning not to upgrade to 3.13.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  5. Medd

Medd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the advice so far, folks. Reinstalling the firmware in Recovery Mode through iTunes has fixed the problem of not booting, at a cost of all the apps and settings.

Reinstalling the apps is easily fixed, but I can't get iTunes to restore the backup I made a few weeks ago. It keeps returning an Unknown Error (-32).

I've searched this forum, Apple's support site and Google for this -32 error with no luck. I thought it might be because the backup was made on a jailbroken touch, but a quick rejailbreak suggests not. Any advice appreciated.