Stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trsblader, Jun 1, 2010.

1. trsblader

trsblader Member

Read thru numerous treads with the same problem and yet to find one that works. Most say put into DFU or recovery. Problem, I can't get there still. Here's the scenario: I installed an app from the app store which required me to reboot the device. I did this, and on bootup my lockscreen froze. I let it sit, and it just stayed frozen. Unplugged it and everything, nothing happened. So I held the home/sleep button until it powered off. Now I am stuck at the Apple Logo. Disconnected from my computer, closed itunes, held the home/power button until it powered off and the apple logo came back, then kept holding home while connecting to the computer again, etc. Nothing. Tried this multiple times, nothing is working.

iTunes is not recognizing an iPod connected to the computer, so I can't restore. I have 3.1.3 with Spirit on a 3rd gen touch. Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: Problem possibly solved? What I did was just held the power button for about 2 minutes and suddenly *beep*, and it turned on like nothing happened. Very weird. Now my weather just says "null" but other than that, it is working (so far, it is verifying again). Any ideas as to what happened that just holding the power worked? I uninstalled what I recently installed, but just wondering what actually happened.
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Do you have a different computer you can try it on? You might also try updating iTunes if you haven't already.
  3. trsblader

trsblader Member

iTunes is up to date. I have no other computer. Being the genius that I am, I purposely held home/power to try to make it all happen again, and now holding just the power button isn't working lol. So, now I'm lost again

EDIT: Played the waiting game, and suddenly I heard the *beep* again and the iPod came back on like nothing happened. I did a respring, and it fixed my "null" for weather and everything. I am lost for what happened, but can only imagine it had something to do with the application emoji since that's when the problem started and it stopped once uninstalled and resprung.
  4. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hooray! Well I guess patience is key.