iOS 4.3 Stuck on apple logo, restore not an option. Experts please read!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jackie1, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Jackie1

Jackie1 New Member

Thanks. THere was quite a bit of stuff it was hanging on. Not sure I got it all:

Checking catalog heirchy
    filesystem was modified checking catalog file
    checking multilinked files
    busy watchdog timeout error, no successful firmware

sandbox, ignoring builtin profile for platform app /usr/sbin/BTServer

Ideas?

I did some searches and there was an older version on redsnow for 4.2.1 that included a ssh bundle. If they had one for the newer firware I could install it and have ssh access! darn. Doesn't help me since I'm on 4.3.2, but there would be a necessary tool!
  2. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I believe the new redsn0w can also install the SSH bundle. Download here: http://db.tt/8PTHvnOu
  3. Jackie1

Jackie1 New Member

Thanks again, but not sure how to add it into the jailbreak.....
  4. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Actually I'm not sure you can with 0.9.9b1. Try using your older version of redsn0w and check "Install custom bundle" and point it to the .tgz.
  5. Jackie1

Jackie1 New Member

0.9.6rc16 has the option, but it wouldn't show the tar file when I tried to select it, so I downloaded 0.9.8b7 and it let me add the ssh bundle. I saw all the same errors when you had me put in that -v command from the lastest redsnow. I could get them all written down though. Next it went to a screen saying "installing bundles" and it look like it took, then rebooted to apple logo like before and stays there. Not sure if the ssh took, because my router didn't show any connections when I looked for the iphone.
  6. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Then it's not getting far enough into the boot to connect to wifi. Have you tried going into recovery mode and then using tinyumbrella to kick it out?
  7. Jackie1

Jackie1 New Member

No, I haven't, because I thought the only reason you needed tinyumbrella was if you couldn't get it out of recovery mode (when it shows the usb picture on the phone).

SO you are saying to force it into recovery mode, (by plugging in the USB cable and holding both bottons down). What will this do?
  8. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Hold the home button while plugging it in to get into recovery mode. Tinyumbrella fixes anything it can find wrong when you "Fix recovery"...it won't do any harm, just a chance it could help.

If that does nothing, run redsn0w 0.9.9b1 and click "Jailbreak" and see what happens. It shouldn't be tethered.
  9. futra

futra Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i just had this stuck issue after installing/updating facebook v4.0 and tried the new redsnow as u suggested but no luck. your tiny umbrella tip mentioned above saved my ipt4g. thanks a lot dude!
  10. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Your welcome :3