Stuck on Apple Logo; Can't Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amallyllej, Mar 14, 2010.

1. amallyllej

amallyllej New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I got a 'used' iPod touch for Christmas. For, uh, 'certain reasons', the sleep/hold button doesn't work, so I don't think I can go into restore mode. (It clicks but the iPod doesn't respond. I think the circuitry might be the problem, but then again, I don't know what I'm talking about.)

Recently, I used my USB cable to plug it into my computer (Dell Inspiron 710m running Windows XP), and a notice came up saying 'USB Device Not Recognized'. This hadn't happened before, so I ignored it. After that, it would connect fine sometimes. Now it doesn't connect at all. I thought it might be the cord, not the iPod, so I checked by charging it with a friend's wall charger after the battery drained. It immediately showed the red battery level with the lightning bolt underneath. After a few hours, I came back and it seemed alright; it had the Apple logo in the middle. I thought it would go away, but now the Apple logo stays for a while, the screen flashes white, then black, and the logo is back--sometimes the loading wheel is there, but it isn't moving.

I don't mind losing the data on it, and it's out of warranty already. I'll be a sad pooperscooper if it's a lost cause...

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it or on what is wrong?

Thank you!
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nothing can stop it from going into DFU mode. Keep trying, and it'll get there eventually.
  4. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A broken home/power button sure can.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^^
    lol. it can

try recovery mode. make sure the device is off, hold the home (circle) button and then plug it in, keep holding the button until u see the "connect to itunes" screen.
  6. Terminal59

Terminal59 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    force dfu by downloading a dfu file and executing it on run then it will go to dfu