Stuck on Apple logo after Sbsettings update

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by irfman, Jun 22, 2009.

1. irfman

irfman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just went on Cydia this morning and noticed Sbsettings has an update to it. So I downloaded the update and everything looked all fine when it needed to Restart Springboard.

First, the spining dial thingy or whatever its called, was just spining for ages, I mean it was a small update I don't see a reason why it should take long, So I thought let me turn it off and turn it back on again. I did that and it just stays stuck on the apple logo. I've tried jailbreaking it again to see if that would make any difference but it didn't as it the JB only installs and doesn't remove anything *Facepalm* Any clues?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Can anyone help me on this?
  2. mr_zoot

mr_zoot New Member

I have this problem too. I wish to avoid DFU+reinstall firmware.

ipod touch 2g 2.2.1
    jailbroken with quickfreedom
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

sorry, but thats probaly the only answer mr zoot. what hardware r u guys using? i dont get this issue on my ipt 1g.
  4. mr_zoot

mr_zoot New Member

yeah, you're probably right. I wonder why this happened in the first place though.

I still have the custom FW file I made with quickFreedom that I plan to use. But if this was the problem, maybe I should start over with a different jailbreak tool.
  5. irfman

irfman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I jailbroke my ipod touch couple days ago when it came on using the redsnow 0.7. Everything was working except some apps from cydia, lot of buggy stuff on it. But when I did that sbsettings update it just broke the whole thing, dunno why. Ive now restored my ipod back to 3.0, not gonna jailbreak it until the JB and the apps are fixed. I had no problems on 2.2.1 but on 3.0, it was just a mess, nobody's fault.