Stuck on 3.1.3? Prepare to Continue to Be.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ownerofspam, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    http://twitter.com/p0sixninja

"no, it won't jb 3.1.3 because 3.1.3 will be old when it's released. But GP is coming along amazing!! "

Apperantly somewhere along the line chronic dev missed the fact that 3.2 is only for iPad only, so it looks like we will still be waiting this out!
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well if it were to happen that way, it would be a big fail for iPhone/iPod touch users.
  3. br0adband

br0adband New Member

So much for making a donation, then. I have no intentions of getting an iPad, but I was almost ready to offer up a $100 bounty to anybody that can drop me a working 3.1.3 JB for this 32GB 3rd gen iPt I have.

Oh well... sad day, I suppose. That really sucks.
  4. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Honestly, if he released a exploit for 3.2 that is in 3.1.3, and there is no 3.1.3 update for ipod touch, he will most likely release a jailbreak for it before anyone else, it just might be a little longer.

Believe me, Chronic and Pois deserve any money you are willing to donate, even a "measly" 10 bucks. You have no idea of the amount of work that they have put into hacking the iphone total, without Chronic and Pois we might not be where we are today.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    waow...

well, this sucks for 3.1.3'ers.
  6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yup. It's alot of work that they have to put into their normal daily lives.
  7. br0adband

br0adband New Member

Well, I look at it this way: they ask for donations, and have been asking for donations. If all this time all they've been focusing on is an exploit for a device that nobody even has yet - unless one of the dev team actually works for Apple, which is entirely possible and probably true and has a hands on with an iPad every day - I don't see the point.

I'm old school, older than most, and I come from a time when people did stuff like this because it was fun to do and you didn't do it for money - and yes I realize the money is primarily to get more devices so they can do more work, but even so.

I'd be more inclined to send people actual hardware shipped to their door than cash donations, but that's just me. I'm not buying an iPad, a lot of people won't. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason to keep shelling out money to Apple if the devices are coming to a point where they truly are locked down once and for all and there are no alternatives but either buy them and be "in jail" with them or spend money on a competitor's product.

Bleh... I'm trying not to rant but, it's tough not to, sorry. If I had a working exploit - if I had created one myself that worked on 3.1.3 devices, I wouldn't be asking for money, or hardware, and it would be out. If Apple comes out with a fix for it, fine, then I'd just create a new one.

It's a Ping Pong match, it always will be. Apple locks the jail cell door, someone picks it, Apple creates a new lock, someone creates a better pick, back and forth.

Sitting on a working exploit... I don't see the fun in that, and I've had my share of issues with Apple Legal in the past for my involvement with OSx86 since inception (I released the first generic OSx86 installation DVD back in 2005) so I'm well aware of what type of work is involved in getting past the locks... well aware indeed.

My opinions, and mine alone. But somehow I don't think I'm alone as I used to be...
  8. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow. Just.. Just f***.
  9. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So greenpoison won't jailbreak 3.1.3? WTF they have been saying it's going to....WTF
  10. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would quite the whole thing, but I'm going to save space.

Posi has never asked for donations except when it was time to get a new hardware that apple was releasing. They have a clean track record. I gaurentee you that anything you donate will go to a future piece of hardware for future jailbreaks. I've been in the jailbreak community since 1.x when I got the ipod touch 1g, and have seen the work that they've done. First of all, anyone with a tethered jailbreak at all on 3.x, needs to thank them (along with the rest of the dev teams, of course) for the work they get overlooked for.

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=0x24000_Segment_Overflow
    http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=ARM7_Go

Original 0wnboot work that chronic did, released before redsnow for 2.x
    http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=0wnboot

They deserve a lot of credit, and getting them new hardware is never a bad option. All respect to chronic.