stuck logo, no DFU, or itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mreducator, Jul 1, 2009.

1. mreducator

mreducator New Member

I had JB previously with redsnow, used itunes to completely wipe it, it went through the process, bar moved along for about an hour or so, and then when it restarted it went to the logo.

The only way I can turn it off is to hold home and power. After a few minutes of sitting on the logo screen it restarts and comes back to the logo.

If I connect it, it boots to logo, I can get it to go to the Itunes and usb cable screen by holding button, but Itunes doesn't recognize it, or anything else it seems.

I have read about/tried using redtool,voltage, Iboot, and DFU, none of which have been able to connect to the device.

I have read at least 20 of the "stuck logo" posts on here, along with the "brick" ones, and I am not sure what else to do since I can't restore, and can't get into DFU. All of this tried on a PC with winxp.

For a while I would get the usb sounds and bad disconnect sounds, but now I get nothing, and I don't think it will even charge anymore as when I first turn it on, the red battery comes up, but will go away after a second.

I will try connecting it to a friends macbook tomorrow, but I don't have much hope.

Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you can always get into DFU, u have to look for a way to mess up DFU mode, as far as i know in a restore anything involving DFU isn't touched, so your probably doing it wrong. Turn off the ipod, hold power for 3 seconds, then power and home for 10 seconds, then just home until the computer/itunes recognizes it, it might take between 1 and like 20 tries lol but u will get it eventually
  3. mreducator

mreducator New Member

well I am not sure how, as I didn't get into DFU mode the way I normally due, but I got windows to detect it, and itunes recognized it, and it is now restored. Thanks for the tip on keep trying on DFU mode. I am now a firm believer that it is really hard to "brick" a touch.