Stuck Installer Sources

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Asuraku, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't yell at me if there's already a thread on this, I searched and found nothing.

I was going through the master list of sources and added a few (as well as an untitled blank source due to a mis-touch). I have two I can't remove however. The blank one and one I typo'ed on and goes to nothing. I'm sure it won't hurt anything, but when Installer refreshes and reaches those two sources it does a 2-4 minute timeout since it can't find anything. So basically I have to wait ten minutes each time I open Installer and it wants to refresh. I want to fix this problem now for future reference so I don't have too many dead sources holding me up on loading Installer.

Are the sources logged/cached somewhere I can edit them to remove the sources? I checked the var/root/library/caches/ but everything labeled in numerical sequence. And there's nothing in the application package for me to do anything with. Any help?
  2. ben471

ben471 New Member

When you're in installer just go to sources and hit edit, then hit the red button then hit delete. Unless i misunderstand what you are trying to do or are able to do.

Or you can just go to sources in installer and slide your finger across the source left to right, then hit delete.
  3. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thats what I can't do. I know how to delete them, but with these I go about it normally and it make the deletion animation (slides off screen) but then does a pixel lag sort of thing and pops back up on the list. It doesn't matter how many times I try to delete it it just pops back up. I've booted my iPod so see if it was a glitch from a previous app install or something but that doesn't change a thing.
  4. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Anybody? I'm tired of waiting 10 min everytime I open the installer.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, here's what I'd do. Login to your iPod Touch using your SFTP program of choice (WinSCP, CyberDuck, etc.). Navigate to /var/root/Library/Installer and download the PackageSources.plist. MAKE A BACKUP! Then open it in your favorite TEXT editor (don't open it in Word or something like that - Notepad preferrably). You'll see a let of sources that start with <dict> and end with </dict>. Find the sources you need to get rid of - remove everything from <dict> to </dict> including those two tags. Save the file and reupload it to the same directory. Make sure the settings are 644, and you should be all set...
  6. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Opened it and edited it in BBEdit and its all cleared up ^.^ thanks!