STUCK in the waiting for reboot what do i do??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by mtm864, Apr 26, 2009.

1. mtm864

mtm864 New Member

ive tried multiple time on disconnecting and reconnecting my touch im using the redsnow and im now stuck on waiting for reboot the first one what do i need to do the ipod is in dfu mode and im just stuck
  2. j200967

j200967 Banned

Make sure you are on 2.2.1 and that you are using an iPod Touch 2g haha. It must be on 2.2.1 or it won't work. If that's already the case, then use a different computer.
  3. ninalicious

ninalicious New Member

I just tried this jailbreak method using redsn0w and had the same problem!! I closed the program and disconnected my iPod from the computer. Then I mashed at buttons and it's working fine again. Nooo idea what happened..
  4. c_law23

c_law23 New Member

hmm, interesting....

how long did you guys wait on the reboot?

I've been waiting awhile and still nothing...

I checked on my touch settings and it said 2.2.1 and i did it on windows instead of my mac b/c i didnt want to deal with the OS X dfu error or whatever...

nevermind...

I closed down red sn0w, took my ipod out of dfu mode, entered it back into dfu mode and the second time went thru pretty smoothly.
  5. mikejones281

mikejones281 New Member

Yea I just exited the command prompt, unplugged it and turned it back on, then tried again. It worked the 2nd time.
  6. ninalicious

ninalicious New Member

Ok, well I tried again a second time tonight and it passed all the reboot stages only to get eternally stuck at 54% uploading ramdisk. How frustrating! I was really hoping to get the redsn0w method to work so that I could jailbreak iPods without having to lose all the games, apps, music, calendar info, settings, etc. But I'm really having no luck with this at all, whereas with QuickFreedom everything at least worked on the first try. Anyway, I'd better figure out how to terminate the program and get my iPod back in working order. Again.

..Oh weird. The program just terminated itself (I guess it crashed) and my iPod rebooted normally.
  7. PyroJoe

PyroJoe New Member

!!!! My ipod wont switch on...and it was waiting to reboot for ages, so I closed the program and disconnected and now it wont power on

Please Register or Log in to view images

!! Help!!! Please quick
  8. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    stick in dfu and try again
  9. PyroJoe

PyroJoe New Member

Thanks dude

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. ninalicious

ninalicious New Member

Just wanted to update that I made a third attempt and it worked this time! I restarted my computer, I don't know if that's what helped.