Stuck in steve jobs recovery mode after a failed FW install and can't restore!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mi11z_96, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Mi11z_96

Mi11z_96 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    [SOLVED] Stuck in steve jobs recovery mode after a failed install and can't restore.

SOLVED!

Cause:

Recovery mode drivers became corrupt on my main machine.

Solution:

Use a different machine (mac or pc) install itunes if you haven't already then put your ipod into recovery or DFU mode then this time it being a different machine will automaticly install the drivers without a hitch then restore or uninstall, then reinstall itunes on the machine that's causing you problems, simple!

Additional Info:

The steve jobs cartoon is just PwnageTool's default recovery mode image in other words it's the jailbreak recovery mode image or custom FW image, i had it last time because i used a downloaded custom firmware in order to jailbreak and lastly the russian/german word featured in the cartoon (npebea) basicly means check, i've heard a few other opinons on what it means but that's the one which makes the most sense, kk later enjoy hope this helps anyone who runs into the same problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hey guy's now hey, before you go off and give me the old "put it in DFU mode and smile" i've tried too many times kk so now i'll explain how i got into this situation. As we all know it's christmas time and i had recieved a app store gift card and before going and buying all the new apps i wanted i thought it would be a good idea to update my firmware before i did so (3.1.1 to 3.1.2 ipod touch 1st gen 16gb) and re-jailbreak , how wrong i was, so i found this video tutorial which suited my needs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7DnqOS1njU from tysiphonehelp so i downloaded his links for blackrain and the 3.1.2 firmware then backedup my JB data then procedded to itunes to update my firmware through the "hold shift click restore and select FW location method" the firmware instillation initated like normal but then failed, hey it happens thought nothing of it then checked the ipod and the steve jobs image was there, i thought kk and went to try again, disconnected my ipod and reconnected it and now the drivers don't automaticly install thus i can't restore or even try again i really do fear that i am bricked and will have to invest in a new ipod or iphone, but i'm pretty sure this is a driver problem if i could just get them to work then i can restore and all is happy, my ipod's current state goes like this...

If i turn it on normally it shows the pinapple image (usally an apple i know, i used a custom firmware last jailbreak) then after the initial boot image the steve jobs image with the russian speach bubble appears AND it also appears when i try the old (press and hold the power and home buttons simultaneously and i get the same results there.

Please help me man, i'm sure i'm not totally doomed but if i am oh well time to upgrade to an iPhone and besides i've had my ipod touch since the first ever release.

Also i'm running windows 7 ultimate + i also have access to ubuntu 9.10.

Thanks again, Mi11z =/

P.S i'm starting to think that the .ipsw i downloaded from tysiphonehelp link's was dodgy because it was hosted on a site, that well i don't know, it didn't really sit right with me.

2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok... Dfu will work. It's on the hardware not software so itl work
  3. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    youz nots supposed to download fw from anywhere but itunes.
  4. MR_Creative59

MR_Creative59 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I Think The Firmware Is Caused The Problem ...

try to translate those stupid russian words
  5. Mi11z_96

Mi11z_96 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    lol, i've heard two opinions on what it means while i was google hunting:

1. check

2. hello, hey what's up

so y'know gonna have to find some sort of direct translation there.

------------------double post merged------------------
    Seriously man i've tried it enough times, this "mode i'm stuck in essentially is failed install recovery mode if you get what i mean there and because of the failed firmware install it dosen't automaticly load the drivers into my system, + i think i'm gonna try uninstalling then reinstalling itunes or trying on another computer, i've heard alot about these maybe being the soloutions to my problem, but thanks for your input.
  6. Symphony

Symphony New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, so can you go into DFU mode?

Making sure you're using the latest iTunes version, I suppose you could also try put it into recovery mode. If you can, press home and hold at the same time, then do as usual to put it into DFU mode. If that doesn't work, then try to plug in the device as you press the home button. That'll throw you into the other recovery mode, and just press restore to take you up to the latest firmware. You don't need to download anything from other websites for your firmware. Then blackra1n, and you're good to go.
  7. Mi11z_96

Mi11z_96 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    okay sounds good too man thank you.

and yeah like i said man, i think this russian steve jobs cartoon is just the recovery mode image you get when a failed firmware instilliation occurs, so that's a yes lol, but it's the driver man i've got nothing because the driver is messed up so i can't even connect to itunes to restore you see where i'm at yet, IT'S THE DRIVER mate!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    "bbbbump"