Stuck in Restore mode - Error 1604

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by awsuman123, Jun 22, 2009.

1. awsuman123

awsuman123 New Member

I have a 1st gen ipod touch and it has error 1604 many of the guides tell me to put in DFU mode to fix it and they have good results. How do i put it into DFU mode from restore mode. Or is there a way to fix error 1604 from restore mode.

Thank you in advance
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I believe you would do it how you would normally do it, even if it is in restore mode. Hold the top button and home button until it disconnects, and then let go of the top button but still hold the home button, until it connects.

You shouldn't post questions like that in the introduction forum though. It's meant for welcoming new members, not helping them with their problems.
  3. awsuman123

awsuman123 New Member

Oh sorry bout posting it here, im new to this forum. if i try to go to DFU mode it goes to a white screen for like 10 seconds then it starts the apple logo then connect to itunes. Normally the white screen doesn't come up.
  4. tomrogers69

tomrogers69 New Member

i had pretty much the same problem, i fixed it by downgrading to itunes 7.4 then manually downgrading to firmware 1.1.1, dunno if that'll work for you but if nothing else does, its at least worth a try
  5. awsuman123

awsuman123 New Member

I just tried that and it gave me error 20. Ive never gotten that error before but i have heard other people with that problem

HELP!!