stuck in recovery mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yteka99, May 15, 2008.

1. yteka99

yteka99 New Member

Whenever i want to restore my ipod touch to factory settings it get stuck in recovery mode. It just keeps asking me to restore it. I am trying to put firmware 1.1.4 on it and it doesnt work. After i try putting 1.1.4 on it it just asks me to restore it. So i tried 1.1.1 and it does the same thing. I dont know whats going on PLEASE HELP!
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Umm... it's supposed to go in Recovery Mode when you do the Force Restore (sleep + home button combo) unless I'm missing a big part of this.

If you're talking about iTunes restore errors, look at the Common Answers link in my signature.
    Please expand.
  3. yteka99

yteka99 New Member

When it does work and i try to install apps it says i need firmeware 1.1.[123] so i tried installing firmware 1.1.1. But when i install that firmware and plug it into my ipod it just automatically goes into recovery mode. Im trying to install the firmware before i jailbreak it because it does the same thing if i do it after i jailbreak it.
  4. yteka99

yteka99 New Member

not exactly sure what i did but it works now. thanks for the help tho.
  5. ialwaystouchit

ialwaystouchit New Member

try another computer its probably your itunes .. thats probably what the only thing i can help you with .. i had the same problem. conect your ipod touch and then go to help on itunes and run diagnostics it would probably tell you what the problem is .. see if that helps