Stuck In Recovery Mode : Did Something Stupid-help Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by e.mann30, Jan 28, 2008.

1. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

I wanted to try something new so I went back to 1.1.2 jailbreak and everything was ok. I installed blaze 1.1.3 sv patch to make the itunes think its 1.1.3 . Now my dumb ass went and installed ipod elite team 1.1.3 apps with the wiggle feat. to see if I could get this to work in 1.1.2 . I exit out of installer and I get the spinning cycle thing. I wait for about 5 mins to see if its going to do something. So I press the power and home button to get out of that spinning cycle. I just entered recovery mode. So I try to restore to all of the restores available ( 1.1.1 , 1.1.2 , and 1.1.3 ) I get a error code on all trys. So now I search the forum for similar problems and found the iphuc for windows version. I tried and did everything the readme file said , and I watched the video on youtube on how to do this. I STILL GET A ERROR CODE. can some help me get out of recovery mode ? IF NOT , THEN THIS IS A TRUE BRICKED IPOD.
  2. ryan09

ryan09 New Member

Possibly your firmware was bad? I dont know. I got an error code because of this. I just downloaded a new firmware and it worked perfectly. That might be a solution, but I dont know. What your describing is pretty crazy.
  3. damhack

damhack New Member

Yawn.

Don't panic!

Just install and run Independence or iBrickr. They will knock the iPoT out of recovery mode.

This is a known issue.

Dam
  4. exalted719

exalted719 New Member

try dfu mode:
    connect to itunes
    hold home and sleep until it disappears from itunes and then release sleep
    hold sleep until it recognizes your ipod.

this is different from restore mode, this is DFU mode.
  5. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think we had similar problems. What worked for me was after doing a restore not doing a restore from a old back up but from a new one.
  6. damhack

damhack New Member

P.S. You are definitely trying to restore iPod ipsw, not iPhone, aren't you??!

Dam
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just plug it into iBrickr, it willl find your device in recovery mode and will give you the option to reboot your device, it will even tell you if it has to be restored or not. btw it's not just ipodtouchmaster's method. we ARE a team

iPod Elite Team
  8. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

tried all of these , still no luck.
  9. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i kept getting error codes from itunes as well yesterday. my solution was to use itunes 7.4.3 and run Vista instead of XP. Vista worked 100% yesterday. and ive had 0 problems so far
  10. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

I know you all are a team. Sorry.

My point is that I was in 1.1.2 . I did not jailbreak to 1.1.3 ( been there , done that , and didn't like it )

I installed a patch from blaze to make it seem as if I had updated my ipod to 1.1.3 .
    Then I wanted to see if I could get the 1.1.3 apps with the wiggle feat. on a 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod by installing the ipod elite team 1.1.3 apple app.s from the installer.

This how I ended up with a mess up Ipod thats stuck in recovery mode.