iOS 3.1 Stuck in DFU mode! Please Help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jreddog, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Jreddog

Jreddog New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod touch 2g was already jailbroken but I wanted to add verbose boot so I ran redsn0w 0.9. But at the part where you were supposed to put in to recovery mode I think I accidentally got it stuck in DFU mode. No matter what I do the screen stays off and when I plug it into itunes is says it's in recovery mode. I can't even get the apple logo to show up. Does anyone know anything I can do without completely restoring it?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You don't need to press the lock button for recovery mode.

Your gonna need to restore and then rejailbreak.
  3. Jreddog

Jreddog New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do you mean by "You don't need to press the lock button for recovery mode".

Also, if I do restore then itunes says it will automatically update to 3.1.3 which is apparently unjailbreakable.

Is there any way to avoid this?
  4. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, there isn't. Right now, you're not in DFU, you're in recovery mode, and the only way to get back to your jailbroken 3.1.2 is to find its .ipsw file on your computer and shift restore (option restore on mac) to that.

If you can't do that, then you'll have to restore to 3.1.3 and find another way to get back to 3.1.2. Google is your friend.
  5. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can jailbreak the ipod touch 2G on 3.1.3 if there is no way to get to 3.1.2