stuck in DFU mode and won't restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Mark-S, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Mark-S

Mark-S New Member

Okay, I'm quite desperate right now.
    Last night I tried to get along the instructions with the jailbreak procedure. I completed it all, no errors, nothing. I'm quite familliar with command so that wasn't the problem.
    but after everything, when I tried to power on my itouch (after doing jb and decovery) it says that I have to plug it into itunes (cable and itunes pic). When I do that, it says that the ipod is in recovery mode and needs to be restored to get it running again. I tried that a couple times, but it didn't work.
    I tried to get again into DFU mode and then try to restore it, but that wouldnt work either.

now I tried to uninstall libusb, and restore it again, but now it gives me an error (number 14)
    could someone help me?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have a 2nd generation or 1st?
  3. YouTouch

YouTouch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same here i got the same problem 2nd gen ipod touch i jail broke my ipod and it had all these errors i restarted my comp and worked now i tried to restore my friends 2 worked and one f'ed up and i tried everything but it wont restore help
  4. iDice

iDice New Member

Please search for a solution before posting. =)
    Anyways here's a user who submitted a guide that helped me and many others.
    User Name: Jamil_d
    Guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147197
    Let me know if this helped.
    Oh and if you used a GUI it'll probably look a bit more complicated to you.
  5. drakias02

drakias02 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I had the same problem with my iPod Touch 2g when it "crashed". Use your boot file again. and as soon as your comp recognizes it press Shift + left click restore. Then choose the firmware you want to restore to and it will be done. Hope this helps =)