Stuck in Apple Boot Loop...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by khaotic, Jul 2, 2010.

1. khaotic

khaotic New Member

Hey everyone how are you today? I have a 2nd generation iPod Touch with 3.1.2 firmware on it, haven't wanted to upgrade yet. Anyways, it has been jailbroken since I purchased it and I have never had any problems. With the loop active I am stuck on the apple logo screen. I cannot enter dfu mode at all. (Yes, I'm well aware what dfu mode is.) My power button 'may' be stuck a little and that could be the reason why? But I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. My computer (windows) will give the little ding ding noise and it will recognize my iPod, but iTunes will not (Yes, it is up to current date.) While on the logo, I do get the white screen and it will turn off for about half a second and then go back to the logo.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I get the little loading icon here and there. I have tried every usb port on my computer, tried four different usb cables and my other iPods are recognized by my computer and itunes.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate the help.
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm fine how are you? :3

Google and download something called RecBoot. Install the libusb package included in the folder it comes with, then run RecBoot.exe. Click Enter Recovery Mode and restore from iTunes.

I'm pretty sure you installed a bad Cydia app.
  3. khaotic

khaotic New Member

Do I HAVE to restore or is there a way around it?
  4. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should probably restore. That's what I had to do.
  5. khaotic

khaotic New Member

And when you say restore, do I still need to start from scratch? I know which file is corrupted and caused all this mess as well >_>
  6. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can you SSH onto your iPod Touch and remove that file and remove the proper plist strings?

SSH and remove the proper file.

Grab this file and copy it to your PC.
    /System/Library/LaunchDemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Open this file in a GOOD text editor (not NotePad, get NotePad++) and go here:

Code:
    <dict>
    <key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
    <string>(Insert string here)</string>
    </dict>
    Find the app that is causing problems. Each ends in .dylib and are separated by colons. Remove the .dylib entry that directs to the app screwing up your iPod. Now put the file back in your iPod Touch, replacing the other file.